2000 News

  • Coenzyme Q10: The Energizing Antioxidant

    August 1, 2000 NEW YORK, N.Y. - Noted physician, author and nutrition authority, Dr. Erika Schwartz, MD, offers valuable insights on Coenzyme Q10 in a recently released, multi-page report. As described, CoQ10 is synthesized in the body from the amino acid Tyrosine, with the help of vitamins and trace minerals. Although it is manufactured by every human body cell, not enough is produced to satisfy our daily needs. Neither can it be supplied adequately by foods such as organ meats, which contain the highest concentrations of CoQ10. Supplementation is the only practical way to fulfill the av...

    View news »
  • Antioxidant Properties: Coenzyme Q10 is being used for a variety of products

    June 1, 2000 Source: Nutritional Outlook Coenzyme Q10 has emerged as a multi-purpose ingredient, appropriate for use in a variety of products. The largest body of research shows CoQ10 may be beneficial for the heart, as studies have identified CoQ10 deficiency in many heart patients. A study by the University of Texas found that patients being treated for congestive heart failure who took CoQ10 in addition to standard therapy had a 75 percent chance of survival after three years, while those using conventional therapy only experienced a 25 percent survival rate. In Japan, CoQ10 is an appr...

    View news »
  • Kyowa Hakko USA Relocates West Coast Office

    March 1, 2000 NEW YORK, New York - Kyowa Hakko U.S.A., Inc. announced that its West Coast office has been relocated to Aliso Viejo, California. According to Kyowa's General Manager, Donald Blaine, who heads the office, the move comes in response to recent growth and will also facilitate expected future expansion. The new location is 85 Enterprise, Suite 430, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656, telephone 949-425-0707, facsimile 949-425-0708. Kyowa Hakko is among the world's leading producers and marketers of amino acids, nucleic acids, chemical intermediates, and bio-products for the pharmaceutic...

    View news »