Setria® Glutathione, The First Glutathione brand to Expand Reach to a Wider, Global Demographic
How do you improve on the No. 1 selling brand of glutathione in natural product supermarkets? For Setria® Glutathione, the answer is offering information in six additional languages and making it easier for consumers and healthcare professional to find products that contain Setria® Glutathione.
The health benefits, where to find and the science supporting Setria® is now available in Spanish, German, Italian, French, Thai and Bahasa Indonesian. Broadening language options made sense since health-conscious consumers aren’t unique to one country or culture, said Karen E. Todd, Sr. Director Global Brand Marketing, Kyowa Hakko U.S.A.
“Active individuals around the world are embracing the physical and mental benefits of Setria®, so it made sense to provide information in multiple languages” she said. “More than 100 brands incorporate Setria® into dietary supplements, workout powders, and beverages. It’s become a truly global brand.”
New icons, graphics, and images make it easy to locate relevant information, especially for active individuals looking for additional ways to boost immune health and reduce oxidative stress, Todd said.
Glutathione — found in virtually every cell of the human body — is well-known for protecting cells from oxidative stress and toxins. Clinical studies show that daily supplementation with Setria® dramatically increases glutathione levels in cells and tissue.2*
Setria® plays a key role in protecting all kinds of cells from the damaging effects of ingested chemicals and potential carcinogens the body has already absorbed. It also assists in protein synthesis, DNA repair, enzyme function, transport, and cell maturation. Optimal levels of glutathione also are associated with physical and mental health. Setria® has been shown to help reduce wrinkles and drooping skin. In addition, some cultures use glutathione as a skin brightener to lower melanin levels, which also helps fade aging spots.3*
Setria® is made via an innovative fermentation process that results in a pure form of glutathione that:
- Helps regenerate oxidized Vitamin C back to its active form*
- Supports glutathione-dependent enzymes crucial for detoxification within the body*
- Assists glutathione S-transferases in the safe elimination of toxins*
- Aids the detoxification of xenobiotics in the liver*
- Backs better immune response*
- Promotes healthy aging by contributing to the body’s antioxidant defenses and glutathione levels that naturally decline with age*
Setria® is made in Japan by Kyowa Hakko Bio Co., Ltd. Setria uses span immune support, skin health, fitness, and healthier aging. Kyowa completed Generally Regarded as Safe (GRAS) self-affirmation for Setria® Glutathione in 2018.*
Kyowa Hakko launched Setria® Performance Blend in 2017, a combination of Setria® L-Glutathione and L-citrulline, an amino acid that produces the nitric oxide (NO) needed to help blood vessels relax. NO typically breaks down in seconds. New research in resistance-trained males suggests that Setria® Performance Blend may help sustain NO levels, which could lead to reduced fatigue and faster recovery.4 *
For more information about Setria® Glutathione, visit SetriaGlutathione.com.
Setria® Glutathione, manufactured by Kyowa Hakko Bio Co., Ltd., is a clinically studied and patented form of glutathione that, when taken orally, has been shown to replenish the body's reserves, which may be depleted as a result of poor lifestyle choices, stress or natural aging. Called the "master antioxidant," glutathione helps protect cells in the body from the damaging effects of oxidative stress and toxins. Setria® Glutathione is manufactured through an innovative fermentation process to yield high purity and high quality, is vegetarian and allergen-free. For more information about Setria® Glutathione, visit SetriaGlutathione.com.
About Kyowa Hakko USA
Kyowa Hakko USA is the North & South American office for Kyowa Hakko Bio Co. Ltd., an international health ingredients manufacturer and world leader in the development, manufacturing, and marketing of pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals and food products. Kyowa is the maker of branded ingredients including Cognizin® Citicoline, Pantesin® Pantethine, Setria® Glutathione, as well as Sustamine® L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine. For more information visit Kyowa-USA.com.
About Kyowa Hakko Europe & Kyowa Hakko Bio Italia
Kyowa Hakko Europe and Kyowa Hakko Bio Italia are the Central-North and South European sales office for Kyowa Hakko Bio Co. Ltd., an international health ingredients manufacturer and world leader in the development, manufacturing and marketing of pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals and food products. For more information, visit Kyowa.eu.
About Kyowa Hakko Bio Singapore Pte Ltd & Kyowa Hakko Bio India
Kyowa Hakko Bio Singapore Pte Ltd and Kyowa Hakko Bio India are the SE Asia & Australasia and India sales offices for KYOWA HAKKO BIO CO. LTD., an international health ingredients manufacturer and world leader in the development, manufacturing and marketing of pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals and food products. Kyowa is the maker of branded ingredients including Cognizin® Citicoline, Setria® Glutathione, as well as Sustamine® L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine. For more information, visit kyowahakko-bio.co.jp/english/ or email singapore(at)kyowa-asia.com or india(at)kyowa-asia.com.
**Setria® is a registered trademark of Kyowa Hakko Bio Co., Ltd.
- According to SPINS, an industry source of health and wellness retail data and intelligence. The rating was for the 52 weeks ending Sept. 9, 2018.
- Richie JP Jr, Nichenametla S, Neidig W, Calcagnotto A, Haley JS, Schell TD, Muscat JE. Randomized controlled trial of oral glutathione supplementation on body stores of glutathione. European Journal of Nutrition. May 2014: 1436-6207. doi: 10.1007/s00394-014-0706-z
- Weschawalit S, Thongthip S, Phutrakool P, Asawanonda P. Glutathione and its antiaging and antimelanogenic effects. Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 2017; 10: 147–153. Doi: https://doi.org/10.2147/CCID.S128339
- McKinley S, Andrew T, Morita M, Willoughby D. Combined L-Citrulline and Glutathione Supplementation Increases the Concentration of Markers Indicative of Nitric Oxide Synthesis. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2015, 12:27 https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12970-015-0086-7